Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After 3 complete engine rebuilds my P38 still uses coolant.
Pressure tested the heads, changed all hoses, pump and thermostat and I don,t have wet carpets.....

I am thinking about adding the "IRONTITE" ceramic sealer to try and solve the problem.
Now the question is: What would be the best known product?
We are able to fly to the moon, so there must be a product capable to solve my coolant problem don't you think?

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
543 Posts
Handy.

I must of fall'n off the couch when I read this ! There are other suitable solutions since you've gone down this coolant loss path.
Depending on which part of the globe you're from, have a look at options from www.Marks4wd.com for other engine choices ? ?

There are various kits to replace your worn donk, simply by purchasing a rebuilt package from JE Engineering in the U.K. mista !
Inserting another make of engine such as an Audi V8 or BMW V8 from a suitable wrecker should bolt up to the 'ZF Auto' tranny.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Try a can of good ol' Bar's Stop Leak...works very well and I am led to understand is used by a number of engine manufacturers to halt coolant loss from porous alloy engines as part of the manufacturing process... and it's compatible with glycol and HOAT coolants. I've used it for 3 yrs and it sealed a pin hole leak from around the #1cyl head bolt ..didn't have to strip the head :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi I’ve used irontite and seal up both worked well, did it mainly out of paranoia I think, but you never know “it’s not really paranoia if it’s really a slipped liner”
Onetime

·
Registered
234 Posts
anybody know of another engine to put in other than chevy?
onetime

·
Registered
543 Posts
Onetime.

Petrol or Diesel ? There are several options other than Chev/Holden V8's, they just need a rear sump pan bulb for clearance ! !

Here are a few creative ideas-Dodge Viper 8ltr V10 with 400 Hp-Aston Martin 5.3ltr V8-Toyota Landcruiser 5 cly Turbo Diesel.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, K-seal was my 2nd option.

I read somewhere that "IRONTITE" was better than "K-SEAL", so any comments about this?
Alex

·
Registered
234 Posts
I ve used irontite and kseal before both worked well, but i would recommend cargo seal up, it has copper in it and works, then add Kseal to the coolant after refill just to be sure. Either way it cheaper than coscast block or new engine from anywhere, i figure you could use 1 per month for about 25 years before you get to price of an engine.
Cargo seal is about a tenner one bottle does 4.6 V8.
Follow this link find a local dealer. and give it ago
http://www.kalimex.co.uk/section.html?secpath=01.03.&pgid=2
Onetime

1 - 10 of 10 Posts