Range Rovers Forum banner

Beryl RIP ..

5K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  SpiggyTopes 
#1 ·
Minding my own business and hit hard in the side ..... pushed well across the road by a vehicle jumping the lights.

Most likely a write off.

I loved that car!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Do you have full cover insurance?
You could buy it back and change one door, one wing, and make a good deal

#5 ·
Yes, fully insured, but very damaged.

The dashboard was pushed to the right and blue smoke came from it .... I think the front axle is damaged and possibly the chassis.

I'm going to buy the wreck and salvage the eas (all new - just changed the bags this week!), and maybe upgrade an HSE to Vogue .... if it can be done.

#6 ·
I'm very sad to hear this :crybaby2: ...

At least you're ok, after all, safety is one of the reasons we drive Range Rovers!

I hope you'll find another nice one!

Sad greetings from Sigi

#8 ·
Glad to see you are OK.

Did you see a doctor to check you out for any whiplash injury?

#12 ·
Glad your ok and no one was injured....though double check for whiplash as it can rear up a few days even weeks afterwards.

Rangie does look bad but buying it back and salvaging the good bits for another P38 is a great idea, it shall live on!

#17 ·
There's no probably about the write-off part.
Think of the full rrp of two new doors, new wing, new bonnet, inner door cards, trim pieces, dashboard trim, then add the labour to strip it all down to metal and straighten (or cut and weld in) the a and b pillars, the labour to put it back together and then the repaint.\
The assesor who saw my crashed Classic told me he'd stopped counting the cost of the damage at £6k!

I found a glass (or three) of a good red wine about three hours after the accident prevented any whiplash-type aches and pains the next day :)

Good to hear you're ok though.

#19 ·
A sorry sight,but glad to hear you are ok.
Having lived in SA for many years,the correct method of negotiating an traffic light or Robot controlled intersection is to stop on the green light and drive through on the red light.Hope you didnt make the mistake of stopping on the red! :think: :doh:

#20 ·
What a terrible loss... :shock:. I can't imagine what I would do if mine got totaled. All the work I've put into it! I don't even want to think about the possibility. Glad to hear your alright. Just out of curiosity, how fast was the other vehicle going when it hit you? I would also love to see what the other car looks like (probably unrecognizable :? ).

#25 ·
Guys, spotted your post and can totally sympathise with the loss of your loved one!!! :crybaby2:

I lost my Araminta in exactly the same way, only the 'bump' was on my drivers side - and I was going straight on through a green light.
The only difference was I was in a MINI - so a smaller car can keep you safe...but she was also a write off. The impact turned me through full circle. Luckily she had been bodyshell reinforced, unluckily she had only been back on the road for three months after the work!

But am gutted for you too - it is too bad to lose a loved vehicle cos of pure bad driving! :doh:

#26 ·
Wow, sorry to hear about the loss, but glad that you're OK.

Looking at the pics, and seeing how bad the impact was, I'm more impressed w/ the rigidity of these RRs. I'll still keep my eyes open, driving defensively, but If the worst do happen, I'll be confident that I'm in a tank.

Regards,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.