RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minding my own business and hit hard in the side ..... pushed well across the road by a vehicle jumping the lights.

Most likely a write off.

I loved that car!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Just can't believe how attached I was to her!

Now looking for a replacement ..........

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Do you have full cover insurance?
You could buy it back and change one door, one wing, and make a good deal

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, fully insured, but very damaged.

The dashboard was pushed to the right and blue smoke came from it .... I think the front axle is damaged and possibly the chassis.

I'm going to buy the wreck and salvage the eas (all new - just changed the bags this week!), and maybe upgrade an HSE to Vogue .... if it can be done.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm very sad to hear this :crybaby2: ...

At least you're ok, after all, safety is one of the reasons we drive Range Rovers!

I hope you'll find another nice one!

Sad greetings from Sigi

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.

You are right - she weighs nearly 3 tonnes but was still pushed across the road until she hit a barrier.

Safe indeed, I think.

What would have happened in a smaller car?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
Glad to see you are OK.

Did you see a doctor to check you out for any whiplash injury?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going to the quack tomorrow, but was hit sideways (I guess there is still whiplash, though!)

Found a couple of HSEs for sale to look at to keep my spirits up!

No Vogues though - what's the difference?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Oh Man, That looks like my car, except you've got the dents!!
Gutted for you........

·
Registered
457 Posts
Glad your ok and no one was injured....though double check for whiplash as it can rear up a few days even weeks afterwards.

Rangie does look bad but buying it back and salvaging the good bits for another P38 is a great idea, it shall live on!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
803 Posts
Maybe you can donate some pieces of the car to us poor Cape Town guys. That way she will live on in the fairest Cape............. :pray:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Pants. :(
Glad your 'ok'.
I would also say it is a writeoff. Look at the rear passenger door, and the top corner
of the roof. Seems there is some bodyshell damage.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
There's no probably about the write-off part.
Think of the full rrp of two new doors, new wing, new bonnet, inner door cards, trim pieces, dashboard trim, then add the labour to strip it all down to metal and straighten (or cut and weld in) the a and b pillars, the labour to put it back together and then the repaint.\
The assesor who saw my crashed Classic told me he'd stopped counting the cost of the damage at £6k!

I found a glass (or three) of a good red wine about three hours after the accident prevented any whiplash-type aches and pains the next day :)

Good to hear you're ok though.

·
Registered
494 Posts
THE HUMANITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i can feel the loss from north america. :x

·
Registered
931 Posts
A sorry sight,but glad to hear you are ok.
Having lived in SA for many years,the correct method of negotiating an traffic light or Robot controlled intersection is to stop on the green light and drive through on the red light.Hope you didnt make the mistake of stopping on the red! :think: :doh:

·
Registered
701 Posts
What a terrible loss... :shock:. I can't imagine what I would do if mine got totaled. All the work I've put into it! I don't even want to think about the possibility. Glad to hear your alright. Just out of curiosity, how fast was the other vehicle going when it hit you? I would also love to see what the other car looks like (probably unrecognizable :? ).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts