RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RRC slipped off the jack today while I was jacking up the center of the front axle and bent its Panhard rod. Theoretically, I should still be able to drive the car just fine, but the bend effectively shortened the rod 1/4 inch or so, so the axle is displaced slightly to the driver's side. After the cursing was over, I've been pondering how to fix it. I've got several ideas about how to go about this:

1. Simplest, can the bar be straightened? I've got to call local 4WD shops about this.
2. Replace the Panhard rod with one from another Range Rover classic. This is difficult because there just aren't a lot of them left in junk yards around here anymore.
3. Replace the Panhard rod with one from a Discovery I or II. Does anyone know if these are compatible? We have lots of Discos in junk yards around here (more than a dozen) and I've always been impressed with how similar the frame of a Disco looks to a Range Rover.

This is the sort of damage possible when off-roading, so I bet someone here has had to fix a bent Panhard rod. How did you fix yours?

Scott

·
Registered
269 Posts
The ones on a disco 1 will fit. The disco 1 shares the same axle housing as the classic. I would change the bushes on it while you have it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts