RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 SC

Past few times going through the car wash it will go beep-beep like you are double locking it, engine running in park, or in drive. It'll happen once, or 5-6 times randomly.

After the car wash I was in the starbucks drive-thru and all of a sudden it goes "beep-beep beep-beep beep-beep"

Girl at the counter and I exchanged odd looks and I drove off

After all of the water is gone it doesn't happen
Doesn't happen in the rain either!

LOL!

Any ideas? Never had this issue on my other trucks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ive had the tailgate open while using the self service (wand) car wash. My theory is that a steady stream of water is triggering the 'open' sensor. I would venture to guess that left over water gets untrapped when in motion and is flowing over the parking sensors on the bumpers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I always leave my key fob in the Rover when I am washing it to prevent the tailgate from rising up at a very inconvenient moment. It has been into the shop twice for tailgate misbehavior, as well as for the "Roadrunner Syndrome," which is "beeping" for no apparent reason. There is a software "fix" for the beep, so that is now under control. But the tailgate continues to randomly open or close if someone with the fob is anywhere near the back end of the car (and not in a position where the "foot gesture control" should be activating. The worst is when it attempts to close while you are standing directly under it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts