RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have thoroughly searched these forums over many hours for a source of the BECM Service Information Diagrams and there are several references to it at websites which no longer exist and by members of the forum who no longer exist. As others have suggested, it would be handy if functional links to all electrical documentation could be placed in the Sticky: Electrical Troubleshooting. If I ever get my hands on the whole lot I'll attempt to host it somewhere. Could anyone who has the BECM SID or knows of a functional link please respond? Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much indeed. A very valuable document - and hard to find. Title is "BeCM System Information Document - Edition 2". Dated 20 March 1998. It would be really handy if this SID and any others available could be linked in the Electrical Sticky.

·
Banned
449 Posts
In fact that is the same 'second edition BECM SID' as the one already on your very handy site, elbekko, except yours is in 'Word'/.doc format.

Anyone else have any useful/handy files to contribute to elbekko's site ?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Yup that's the one. Starting around page 27 or 28 it lists what each pin does, normal values, fuse or Mosfet feed, etc. Again Ididn;t say it had everything, but it is certainly a good starting point and is certainly more detailed than a pinout or schematic.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yup that's the one. Starting around page 27 or 28 it lists what each pin does, normal values, fuse or Mosfet feed, etc. Again Ididn;t say it had everything, but it is certainly a good starting point and is certainly more detailed than a pinout or schematic.
Would the BECM SID for 1999-2002 have sufficient information for a systems engineer to develop an interface for an LSx... or diesel transplant, assuming similar info is available for the chosen replacement engine?? Just asking...

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Would the BECM SID for 1999-2002 have sufficient information for a systems engineer to develop an interface for an LSx... or diesel transplant, assuming similar info is available for the chosen replacement engine?? Just asking...
I'd turn it around and say would you expect most things being reverse engineered to come with a nice document (from an unbelievably obliging and generous manufacturer) explaining it's entire working procedure...and the answer is no, this is why the other BeCM thread is so funny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts