Range Rovers Forum banner

BECM Market Setting and Specifications

9K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Rupert Prior 
Thanks to all.

Colin, about Market settings differences. I learnt some bits from the french LR tech for the Testbook and read the Rave manual to understand subsystems.

I filled the form but don't know how to save it and upload it.

With the freezing cold coming to Paris, i'd rather prefer to look you up in Cyprus 8)

Salutations

Florent
Hi Florent.

I wake up an old tread here, but maybe you can help me here…

I having problems with the Immobilizer/alarm and sync lost between the BeCM and the EMS.
My 2000 Autobiography RR was originally bought in Canada but when checked, the "MARKET" was "NOT SET".

A friend, with access to Testbook, reprograms my BeCM into Japan market program. That supposes to eliminate the need to read that code but he warn me about some odd "side effects" of the Japan Market BeCM.
If you lock the RR using the key (not the remote), he says, you can't open it, using the remote - If you try to use the remote, as describe, you won’t be able to start the engine without the Testbook…
And vice versa – locking with the remote and opening with the key, will end up with the same results.
That is what he says – I didn’t try it, because of the obvious reasons…

Any way…
Do you know of any of those "side affects" with the Australian Market BeCM? Do recommend program it into my BeCM?

Do you know what are the differences between the Australian and the Japan market programming?

Where can I read/learn about the market programming?

Thanks a lot,
Bernard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.