RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
5 Posts
Although I often follow this forum, it is the first time that I dare to participate to explain what is happening to me in my RR P38 2.5 TD LHD.

The car worked with a key without remote control, one of the emergency ones, since it had the immobilizer canceled with the Nanocom. I had one of the remote controls repaired, the one that was better, through an eBay advertisement. The control arrived, I tried it, and it worked perfectly except at my door, where apparently one of the micro-switches in the lock had broken down. I got a second hand after a few months, I changed it, and when I went to mount it, the car went into ALARM STATE mode, giving absurd values, French language, etc ... This made me distrust the second-hand lock and I decided to buy a new one (€ 215) and send the BECM to be retrieved by Testbook to a friend.

Upon the return of the Becm, it remains blocked in ALARM STATE and also, this time I check that the car starts (because my friend solved it directly in the EDC ECU), but do not work onboard instruments, or speedometer, or rpm account , coolant temperature, fuel level, indicator lights, message display, HEVAC screen (even if it works), or the rear windows. I have been able to verify that the engine works (and very well), the fuel hatch, the front windows, the central locking (without the control) and the front lights and turn signals, the radio-cd, and even the Parrot hands-free installation ...

It has me puzzled. I know that to eliminate the ALARM STATE you need a Fault Mate SV2 with module SM035 or a Testbook, both options are unviable for me economically, and I can not afford to bother friends every time this happens. My crisis of confidence is such that if I do not find a solution quickly I will sell the car for spare parts from others. I think that for Blackbox it would not be difficult to develop an affordable product in the Basic Kits line or even as a new application for the Nanocom to solve this. Will you plan to market something like that shortly? Hopefully.

Excuse me my poor English, although I make an effort I know that I make many mistakes.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If your BECM is in an alarmed state, then there is nothing that can be done with it through the OBD port - thus BBS etc can't sell any simple 'plug and play' device to undo this.

Direct CPU access is required on the logic board to recover from this state.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
Something is not connected to the BECM (c256) or inside it. Also check the fuses
A Testbook cannot unblock a BECM in lockout, i think it can clear alarmed but obviously your friend lacks some knowledge.

No hay ningún problema de idioma, puedes llamarme por WhatsApp (+506 88283705) , te explicaré que tienes que verificar en Español. No hablo Catalán, disculpe.
¿Tienes tu EKA? Sino, contácteme.. por MP

With the EKA AND a working lock you can get it out of alarm state, but not out of lockout.

If you don't have your EKA, contact me. I can help!!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,220 Posts
I've just seen this...

I am in the UK and have the faultmate equipment to reset the lockouts on the BECM board if required. The downside... I'm away working a lot through until the middle of December now, so wouldn't be able to do anything until then!

I believe that the lockout is probably preventing the dash instruments from working properly - as far as the BECM is concerned, nothing is going to be allowed to happen until it's in a happy state!

Feel free to drop me a PM if you want any more information about the resetting of lockouts etc. I've had a couple of boards come internationally for me to do and they have just sent the single logic board, rather than the whole BECM to save on shipping costs. I have spare power boards etc here which I can use to test a logic board before sending it back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts