RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

while I discovered, what part ist NOT fitted in a SE Spec P38 I need help identifying the "crimps" in two connectors, as I want to use the plugs and patches, which are close to the full spec variants.

The Connectors in question are C323 (12 possible wires) at the BECM and C305 (6 way). Can You help me how these electrical connectors inside the plugs are named technically for ordering them?

Being lazy, I want to fit the connections into the genuine plugs and follow the original routing. There is just a small part of missing, the connector in the door is in the loom, but there is no connection to the BECM. The place is empty ;-)

BTW I have fitted rear puddle lights, while I had the doorcards of, for disconnecting superlock. Left side, plug and play, right side ... no light. After I made sure the "door open" signal is transmitted to the BECM I wanted to test continuity, identified the plug in the ETM and imagine my face, when I discovered that there is simply no wire / connection to the BECM for the right side ;-)
Position 6 in the plug is blank, but there is a connector at the BECM (male).

Thanks in advance
KCR

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,198 Posts
The connectors that go to the power board on the BECM are Tyco/Amphenol 070 series.

You can get the 070 series crimp pins fairly easily to add in the missing wires.

I think this is what you were asking!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.
best regards
KCR

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear Marty, or someone else,

can You please tell me, which crimp is used for the plug C305? A six way connector in Yellow.
Is this the same .070? Wiring loom from rear right door to main harness.
C305 plug.jpeg

Thanks in advance.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,198 Posts
Yes, I believe they are 070 series multilock connectors aswell.

If you can post a picture of the connectors in your vehicle I'll be able to confirm - but from the views in RAVE and the face view, they look like 070 series aswell to me

Regards,
Martin

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Martin,

sorry for the bad quality, image was taken as visual note, not to be published ...
sadly not photographed the spades ...

TIA
KCR
yellow plug C305.JPG

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi @all,

can confirm that both connectors are 070 series multilock female for the right rear door puddle light between BECM and C305.

THX Marty, great help!

best regards
KCR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts