RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi please help me out on this one can I take two BECMS and make one good one out of the two basically swapping out one of the PCBs for a working one?

I have a problem on my BECM (fuse 10 error) and have a spare one I can use to fix the one in my car?

Anyone done this? Any potential problems?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,758 Posts
The lower board in the BeCM is the one that holds all info locked to your rig. You can easily swap the upper board to resolve many issues. The upper board can even be swapped between older adn newer models.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a lot of diagnostics involved before I swaped out the BeCM PC card first thing I would sudjest is remove all the plugs that connect the seat with the BeCM its 1 big greay one under the seat and two smaller ones which feed power to the seat heaters. Turn the ignition off and then on again and if the problem is still there then it could be an earth problem have a look at the ETM in Rave for the diagrams and check all posible earth points associated with the seat.

Once that is done it is relativly straight forward to replace the PC board follow this site on how to remove the BeCM

http://www.p38rangerover.com/becm/becm-removal.html

Remember to disconnect both terminals on the battery first before you remove it

Before you open the BeCM remove your shoes and work on it bare foot to stop static build up witch can damage the BeCM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts