RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how this happened.
Any suggestions as to the best repair for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
268 Posts
I used a local (to me) leather/interior repair guy on the MY06 when i had all the cracks and tears repaired.

There is a chance a really good person can repair that so it's barely noticeable. Otherwise ebay might be the best place to check for an entire armrest.

It's super frustrating. I make it a point to not have keys or sharp objects in my hands but i still have a couple recent small tears in the MY12SC armrest. I even stopped wearing a watch so I'd not scratch my black lacquer door card inserts :cry:

Reactions: ventogt

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I’ll look some up here on Yelp and Google.

Still can’t figure out what I had with me to do that. I was dressed in gym clothes to work out and go for a run. Put house key and wallet in console and key in ignition. I had a plastic bag with two bananas and a FrogFuel protein shot in it. Nothing sharp. Confused.
Oh well. happens.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
268 Posts
BTW I figured out what caused your gashes and I'd guess it's the seatbelt end when you go to buckle your seatbelt.

Unfortunately I discovered this the hard way when I recently scratched mine and realized I gotta flip the armrest up when buckling the belt.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
119 Posts
With the title "Battle Scar" I expected to see an offload related injury from the bonnet to the boot... a shopping cart bump at the mall is more of a battle scar than that IMHO. Junk yard is your best bet. probably $25. Any repair where the the leather is that tight and gets that hot wont last.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts