1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery Reset question Navigation Screen black , no sound radio

Hey guys,

I have 124k on my sport 2006 and already into my 2nd interstate battery from initial purchase. I am by no means a mechanic but can follow directions well.

My issue is NAV screen went black and have no volume/response from radio. I know the last time this started happening the battery was ready to quit.

Can someone please describe in detail how to perform a proper battery reset, step by step ......if that doesn't work then i will get it tested at local auto store. I am petrified to do this wrong because I know how sensitive these cars can be so thank you in advance.

I have read other threads on this issue but I am looking for the baby steps version on how to do the actual battery reset without throwing the car into a manic state.

Thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Re: Battery Reset question Navigation Screen black , no sound radio

Always wait at least 2 or 3 minutes (from the moment you turn off the engine and remove they keys from the ignition) before disconnecting anything, to allow enough time for EMS and all electronic modules to shut down properly. Also insure all electrical loads - headlights, radio, etc - are switched off. The shop manual says you should engage the parking brake as well, or chock the wheels, as an additional safety step prior to disconnecting a battery.

After 2-3 minutes:

- Loosen and disconnect the - ground (black) lead from the battery post
- Loosen and disconnect the + positive (red) lead from the battery post
- Take the two disconnected leads and briefly touch their two terminals together
- Reconnect and tighten the + positive lead to the "+" battery post
- Reconnect and tighten the - ground lead to the "-" battery post
- Switch on the ignition
- If the park brake warning light in the instrument cluster turns on and stays on (because you engaged the park brake), operate the EPB switch until the light turns off before driving away, don't just drive away to disengage it as you would normally.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all,

My UK spec 2011 myr Sport vin no SALLSAAG3BA291161 has developed the same issue.... NAV screen went black and have no volume/response from radio, I tried the battery disconnect procedure to try and bring the system back online, but still the same. (Note battery is fully charged as the vehicle hasn't been used regularly recently ).

Any further information or tips would be much appreciated, a software "patch" has been mentioned lease see attachment , but I'm unsure if this relevant to this issue ?

kind regards

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
There was no way to read the print screen you attached. please use the quote function when referencing previous threads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts