RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We replaced the battery in our P38 about a month ago after it died and it has been working fine since. The car has been sitting for a few days and I went to start my car today and it was completely dead. I got a jump and let the car run for about 45mins to charge the battery somewhat and then drove it around the block. When I started driving, something didn't feel right. I took my foot off the accelerator and the Range kept going, at about 10-12 miles per hour. The RPM's were a little higher than normal and I could still brake to stop the car, but it was basically as if the car was on cruise control at that speed- no stuck floor mat, pedal, etc anything like that.... I cut my route short and went back to park the car, and turned it off. I tried to start it up again and it would not, though the battery still had some charge. Two hours later and it is completely dead again. We have already replaced a fuel pump incase that becomes a recommendation, but does anybody have any wisdom on this very odd sounding problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
931 Posts
First check the battery and alternator.The battery could have a dead cell or the alternator could have failed in a manner that it is drainingthe battery when the car is parked.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yep definitely check the alternator to make sure the diode is okay. Also, the cruise control valve that connects to the throttle body may be stuck. When you press the pedal it may be getting stuck. if the throttle was getting "stuck" i would check all mechanical options first since they are definitely the easiest to find.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have found out that the battery keeps draining because of the electronic interferences/cables/wi-fi in the area. I am back at school and have the car parked in a lot here and the interferences keep "waking" the car up. We are getting the battery charged and then need to figure out what to do so this doesn't keep occurring.

·
Registered
931 Posts
You need to upgrade to the latest version of the RF receiver.In the meantime you can remove the antenna connection(single wire) from the receiver.Your remote will still work ,but you will have to hold it close to the vehicle . :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts