Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I am brand new to to world of Range Rovers. I recently purchased a 2006 Sport. I am experiencing a "Suspension Fault" wanting, sometimes orange and a few times red where the back dropped all the way down. Turning off the car then starting temporarily fixes. From doing research I believe it is 1 of 2 possible issues. Either a low battery or the ride height sensor. I went into the diagnostics mode on the GPS screen and I do see that my battery is slightly low (it is at 11.5 volts when the vehicle is off and 13.5 when running). As far as I know that is 1 volt low in either case. I also monitor the 4x4 info on the screen and I can see the left rear wheel fluctuating low then high and actually while watching the screen the suspension wanting light came on and the left rear wheel on the screen went crazy dropping all the way down.

Here is my question: do you think that a battery that is 1 volt low could be sending bad readings to the sensor and I actually have a battery issue? Or is 1 volt not that big of a deal and it is in fact the left rear sensor. I't going to be about $150 either way. I would just hate to choose one and be wrong. Is there a way to tell? Or do I have to just do process of elimination.

Thanks,

Barry

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
520 Posts
I would measure the battery with a voltmeter at the terminals first. At 11.5v the car probably wouldn't even start. If it is below 12.2 then get battery tested by autoparts store. Once battery is "good" check alternator voltage - again at battery terminals - at idle it should read around 13.5-14 or so. Then turn on load like heated seats and high beams - should not drop below 13.5 .

Once you have good voltage - then what does the suspension do ? On the side going down do you hear any air leak ? Is compressor constantly running ? If yes , soap test on air spring, connectors , valve block etc for leak. If no leak - then maybe sensor ... Good luck ...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think you could possibly have a leak somewhere and your compressor is overheating trying to compensate for the leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts