RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone this is my first post here but I have been following this forum for over a year now.

I have a 2010 Range Rover sport.
So a couple days ago I got a message saying please start engine battery is low but when I went to turn it on. The engine cranked twice but then nothing after that. I just also installed a new alternator a month ago.
So then all of the lights on the car inside and out started flashing and even the ac system came on for a quick second.
Also there was a non stop clicking sound coming from the passenger side dash.

I live in a really remote area and didn’t have the right tools on me to disconnect the battery so I started pulling fuses to turn the lights off but there was still a clicking sound in the passenger side dash.

I’ll be getting a new battery in the next week delivered to me since this is my only car but I am wondering if there might be other issues going on other than the battery.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/20369-info-electrical-troubleshooting.html

The testing of the start / charge circuit is the same across all models.

If your battery is original then it has given much more life than is normal. However you can have new battery and new alternator and if you have cruddy cable ends the alternator will not charge the battery. If you have failing cables due to internal corrosion you will have high resistance and the alternator will not charge the battery. the above the above link has tests that can be done with a basic multimeter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts