RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings - Weather has finally turned chilly in the Great State of North Carolina. The last couple of mornings, my battery seems weak on initial morning start-up, and once actually during mid-day. Current battery is right at 5 years old, so better safe than sorry, right? Battery amps/power is critical for Rovers, right? Any thoughts on the best of the best for our vehicles? Need to act fairly soon.....

Cheers,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...my indy, who works on all types of cars, carries Interstate, and he said he had a battery in stock. I'll text him and ask battery specs.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I used bosch 94r from pep boys .... non agm - but they have better plate separator design to improve life over regular type - Order online for 25% discount before pickup in store

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - I appreciate the feedback. Our temp here dropped to 21F overnight and that put the final nail in my battery’s coffin - she barely started up! I went with the Interstate MTX-49, which fortunately, my Indy tech had on the rack - he said he always keeps those for power gobbling high end cars, like Rover, MB & BMW. So, all good so far, no surprises. The unusual warnings, issues and stuff that had appeared the last few days, that I believe were being triggered by low voltage / amp issues with the bad battery. All set and ready for our BRUTAL North Carolina winter! Laughing and rolling of the eyes is permissibly relative to my last sentence. Wait - I said no issues or surprises......I haven’t received the bill yet!! Ha ha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts