RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

My battery light came on yesterday when I turned the car on...

I figured it was my fault somehow but then I fond this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24618

I have the exact same symptoms, looks like my alternator is toast but I wanted to get a second, third, and fourth opinion before spending $1k on a new alternator.

Well - bite the bullet and fix it?

Thx,

Mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
More than likely it is your alternator... I just went through this a month or two back.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guys,

I was able to drove it about 30 minutes today and 15 minutes last night with the battery light on. A friend of mien recommend a small gas station shop in West Chester, PA that specializes in Land Rover repairs... They are putting in a reconditioned alternator for $900 - $1100, depending upon how long it takes.

I'm suppose to be driving me and a bunch of buddies to AC tomorrow for my buddies bachelor party and they were able to squeeze me in and replace the alternator first thing tomorrow so I can pick it up at 1PM and make it to AC :dance: :dance:

They put some sort of tester on it and it indicated that the alternator was shot.

I think it might also be a good time to replace the battery, any recommendations?

Lastly, they are going to install my rear rotors and pads to save me some time and also give the truck a once over. Anything in particular I should ask them to check out - it is an 03 HSE with 55700 miles.

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts