RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am sure that my l322 is beeing "waked up" from other remote keys. The car was parked outside my job, and my friend at work with an p38 had parked beside me. When I was leaving for the day the sunroof was open. The other day the battery was drained. I also think the car is reacting at wifi signals when parked outside my house. Today the battery was dead, and no one near by has range rover with remote keys that could have disturbed my car. This is annoying. Does anybody know what to do? Thanks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,756 Posts
I doubt that other remotes would be keeping your rig awake at night. Even if a stray signal from someone's remote happened to have woke up your rig it would go right back to sleep after a few minutes. I would look into your final state resistor.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
In my own vehicle I have seen cases of strong interference preventing the remote from working, like parking in a direct line from a large TV station satellite receiver (I had to physically open the door using the key)... but I don't think the vehicle actually wakes up to other remotes or wifi signals... if it did I would be screwed because I can see about 30 different wifi networks from my house.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,756 Posts
It is an easily replaced part that has been well covered. THe previous posts will do a much better job of describing things than I can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I have bigger problems now..I tried to recharge the battery. Did not remove the battery because an expert in Range Rover told me i did'nt have to. Had been recharging for about four hours, then the alarm started to go off and on, the remote on key was not working, could still not turn the key in the ignition because of the immobilizer (did tha

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And the clock in the dashboard started to run around, and I heard ticking noise from the steering column. The red doide on gearbox was blinking. So I decided to disconnect the battery to stop this madness. Now the battery is disconnected and I have put it on charging over night. I am only hoping that I dont have a lots if electrical problems now when reconnecting the battery. And also hoping that the battery has been charged so that the immobilizer is deactivated. I really miss my old p38 now, did not have these battery issues.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
13 Posts
I have never heard of that the l322 should be sensitive to signaltraffic in the surroundings. My guess is that you have a problem with the final stage resistor. When it fails the fans inside the ventsystem still runs from time to time even when ignition is switch off. I replaced mine a couple of weeks ago, no battery drain since.
Another thing that can cause battery drain, is when the sat nav freeze and prevent the car from entering deepsleep that it normaly should do after 15min.
My guess is that your car should act like normal if you disconnect your battery and give it a good charge before reconnecting.
If you still have electric gremlings maybe your battery needs to be replaced.

// Johan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts