RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a vogue 2003 model but i am having this battery drain problem,i have removed all the electrical appliances in the car from the screen,radio,inside lights,navigation,electrical switches in the car,ac unit i even checked each fuse alone and i am still having a drain problem.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Re: Battery Drain

Using the search function will bring up a few topics on the FSR along with details and pictures on replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

hello i have just cheked when i removed the ac unit the FSR will be disconnected automaticaly and even tho i have removed the FSR now and stil drain is huge. any more suggestions

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts

Sounds like it;s time to get out your multimeter and start checking fuses to see which circuits are still active with the ignition off.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,957 Posts

pull the fuse for the headlight wipers

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts

Good call, forgot all about that glitch.

Somehow I can't help but feel we are not getting the entire picture here. Is this rig being turned into some off road dune buggy or rock crawler? Why would you remove all the "appliances" from your rig? Surely not to find a power drain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

actually i removed all kind of electrical appliances...because i tried the multimeter thing and removed each fuse at a time and still the battery was showing drain...so i removed all electrical appliances each one at a time to maybe find the drain and still i couldnt find it ...and i removed the headlight wipers...and still drain exist!!!
see its driving me crazy its been 3 full days m working on it !!!
any new ideas!

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,957 Posts

disconnect the alternator its possible it has an internal short

1 - 11 of 11 Posts