RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! I've recently been experiencing some trouble with my battery constantly draining.. I have already replaced and gotten a new battery.. it worked for a while but now, after charging it my battery lasts 2-3 days before it goes dead and I have to charge it again.. this is now my third time charging it this week..

I noticed today that my dvd player light is constantly staying on.. is this causing my battery to drain and die? I think the dvd cartridge is stuck in the console backwards? it won't eject and come out.. I've searched the forums and tried the "tapping" trick but still won't eject.. can someone please help me?

I have a 2006 Range Rover..

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Are you driving it during the 2-3 days or is it just sitting? Take it to the local autoparts store to get the battery/alternator tested. If it comes back as ok, then disconnect the battery every night - does it go dead?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
hi! I've recently been experiencing some trouble with my battery constantly draining.. I have already replaced and gotten a new battery.. it worked for a while but now, after charging it my battery lasts 2-3 days before it goes dead and I have to charge it again.. this is now my third time charging it this week..

I noticed today that my dvd player light is constantly staying on.. is this causing my battery to drain and die? I think the dvd cartridge is stuck in the console backwards? it won't eject and come out.. I've searched the forums and tried the "tapping" trick but still won't eject.. can someone please help me?

I have a 2006 Range Rover..
Uhm... "DVD cartridge stuck in the console" does not compute. Do you have the factory Rear Seat Entertainment system with a DVD changer in the trunk or another, aftermarket player / changer installed in the car?

PS: Never mind, you own a 2006 Range Rover so are in the wrong forum. Moving to MkIII section.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for being in the wrong thread... I'm new and clearly just looking for help..

I just looked again, the dvd cartridge is in the right way but it seems stuck in there. It won't eject and I've tried just about everything.

If someone has a link or can tell me how to disconnect the dvd player, I'll try that. I have my bluetooth disconnected as well, not sure if that matters or not..

Also I drive it within the 2-3 days, I drive or at least start my car every day after I've read that the battery can die if it just sits there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know how to disconnect the dvd player? Or know how to get the cartridge out?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
67 Posts
Sorry, I don't have a 2006 to give the specific fuse #, but rather than disconnecting the dvd physically, I would recommend trying to first identify the fuse and pull the fuse(s) to disable the dvd player. You may lose some additional features temporarily, but it will allow you to isolate the issue quickly. If it solves your issue, you can then further troubleshoot the dvd assy. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tried to pull the fuse though I'm not sure if I pulled it long enough.. still no such luck. I'm out of town this weekend but I guess that's something I can try again on monday. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
67 Posts
kendra,
Just to clarify... I didn't mean to pull the fuse to reset it, but to disconnect it. If you are consistently draining the battery in 2-3 days and believe it to be DVD player related. Pull the fuse and leave it disconnected for that entire time to see if it prevents the problem.
-Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts