RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so numpty boy here has got his 4.6 back on the road... went to move her this morning but couldn’t find the key eventually realised I’d left it in the ignition and unlocked all night battery was down to 4.6 volts alt showing 14.4 v after charging so I’m assuming the becm is not allowed to go to sleep when the key is in the ignition????

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Whether or not it allows it to sleep in this event is immaterial, as a battery going down that far overnight is a sure sign of a duff battery. get a new one and try again.

There are any number of threads for this one. If it persists, you will need to take some current readings on the system to track down the real problem........
BUT do start with a nice 100ah quality battery. These beasties are power hungry and will throw any number of tantrums when fitted with a weak battery.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
key in the ignition will drain your batt as the BECM will not go to sleep, as bolt suggested it would not happen to flatten overnight but it will be noticeable drain upon restart.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok This morning no probs and have battery warranty paperwork ready if I need it. Thanks for the relies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts