RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i took the task of installing a new set of xenons, im horribly mechanically inclined, found that out after it took me 5 hours remove headlamps and replace new bulbs/ballasts -- after getting everything hooked back up i tried to start the truck and the key turned and just made a click sound and then the key wouldnt turn, shut off tried again, same thing. I suppose the battery is dead from hooking/unhooking it to check the lights -- truck is in the garage -- so im gonna have to push it out to get a jump, will it go into neutral with dead battery? any thing special i should know before jumping? my luck ill blow somthing up. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
You may want to invest in a Jump Box, it is easier to jump the truck when you are alone or in a tight spot.

You can try getting it in to neutral or reverse, but I am not sure you will be able to. You could disconnect and remove the battery, jump it and reinstall it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
woldd90 said:
You may want to invest in a Jump Box, it is easier to jump the truck when you are alone or in a tight spot.

You can try getting it in to neutral or reverse, but I am not sure you will be able to. You could disconnect and remove the battery, jump it and reinstall it.

called AAA and they brought the jump box .. and jumped it.

now im getting Air Suspension Inactive messages...anyone know why??

·
Registered
130 Posts
Turn the steering wheel all the way to left. Then all the way to right. Drive around a little. it should clear now. Any time the battery is disconnected this has to be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts