RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice needed. I want to put a top up charger on my 2011 l322. In the manual its says to remove battery but wont this reset everything ? Cant i do it why still on vehicle ? Any views much appreciated. Dave

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
85 Posts
I'm not an expert, but if you're using a low-amp charger such as a small solar panel or 1 or 2 amp trickle charger, it shouldn't be an issue leaving the battery as-is. If you have a higher amperage charger, I'd defer to the manual and disconnect the battery cables (no need to remove the battery) in order to avoid frying a random electronic component. Turn off the alarm and all electrical devices, remove the key, and wait at least 2 minutes before removing the battery cables to avoid complications with either the fuel gauge or onboard computers. Check your manual about radio security codes. The ground/earth cable should be removed first and reconnected last.

I don't know about your 2011, but a 2004 will run fine after battery disconnection. The workshop manual only asks to start the engine and turn the steering wheel full-left, then full-right, so the truck relearns the center wheel position. There may be other "relearning," but it happens in the background on a 2004.

Plan B is to use an electric eel to charge the battery. As in from the ocean. Because that would RAWK.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
157 Posts
If your just maintaining, slap a Ctech on it as stated above. I have Ctech's for my cars and bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts