RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Range Rover Sport Supercharged and I had trouble with the battery. I tried charging/jumping/boosting battery to new avail so I got a replacement. I replaced and it starts and runs normal but now I am getting a "charging system fault" warning.

There is a clip coming from the positive terminal side of the battery box that doesn't seem to clip in anywhere? I do not recall it being plugged in when I pulled the old one out.

I checked the voltage on the battery while running and my charger has an alternator tester that said the alternator is good.

I'm wondering if someone could take a look in their battery compartment under spare tire and take a look to tell me if that clip is supposed to be plugged in somewhere or if it is just part of a standard wiring assembly that doesn't get used in my model.

Help is appreciated.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I will check when I get back but it should be under warranty and just drop it off. Did you replace the battery or did Land Rover?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Why didn't you just call the dealer and have it all fixed under warranty?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because its a battery and I'm stubborn. Actually, its because it was dead in my driveway and I didn't want a tow truck driver tearing up my lawn, I bought replacement battery for $30 from a local interstate distributor, and I thought I would solve a problem in 20 minutes rather than towing it to the dealer and waiting a week for them to replace a battery.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I do not see the clip you mention. I do however want the $300 interstate battery for $30... If a battery dies on a car that new it needs dealer attention as you have a parasitic draw causing it to happen. it is not on a fusible circuit or the fuse would have blown.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,422 Posts
I can almost see this scenario happening: You bring it to the dealer. They see you have a non-oem battery and blame the issue on you saying that by changing the battery with an incorrect part or incorrect procedure, you disturbed the sensitive electronics of a RRS. Hopefully you still have the original battery. I would drive it out to the street, replace the old battery and call the 800# on your key fob and let the dealer take care of it. Good luck!

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
...it is not on a fusible circuit or the fuse would have blown.
Incorrect. A parasitic draw would only blow a fuse if the draw exceeds the rating of the fuse on the circuit. There hundreds upon hundreds of posts through the various models of folks that have had a drain and a fuse was never tripped.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If the alternator is charging why couldn't you have just jump started it and driven it to the dealer? I agree with putting the OEM battery back in prior to the dealer visit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts