RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being a new L322 owner I am intrested with all this change battery talk.

Does one just disconnect the old and bring in the new?
I was led to believe that one should not just disconnect the battery as it will think it is being stolen and do all sorts of funnee things.
Is ther a special proceedure?

My wallet is beginning to shake while reading forum posts. :crybaby2:

Bill

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bill
dont panoic just yet
we had this problem on my wifes 2003 model
battery intern=mittently went flat and woudl not start car
initially when on an iovernight ferry, we thought we had not set alarm properly (ie not idsabled tilt sensor) then when she was at local town centre
the AA diagnosed faulty cell on battery
battery was original 67 year old land rover original
casl land rchecked local battery stores for suitable similar capacity barrery in the end teh best deal came from local land rover dealer
with OEM battery suppled in wooden case for less than £100
fitting was easy , just disconnect old and then reconnect new (positive firts )
as a warning the battery is large and heavy and removing old and replacing new needs some physical strength and you need to be able to lift abiove tops of wings ... I stood on a chair with on efoot on the engine cover!! ...dont hurt your back your wallet will probably be OK!!

Peter
2003 autobiography in yorkshire

G

·
0 Posts
If the original was a "67 year old land rover original", I would say you got your money's worth :lol:

Changing a battery requires no special activities EXCEPT....

Wait at least 2 minutes after you have switched off the ignition before disconnecting the battery or you will screw up your GPS unit in the trunk (boot) area.
Remove the panel on the rear left side and ensure the light has gone out. After that, remove the battery.

When you fit a new battery, start the vehicle and turn the steering wheel all the way left,, then right, or you will have a suspension inactive warning.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Also, it's easier to replace the battery with the hood in the service position.
To get in into service position, the 2 supporting struts for the hood must be disconnected from the hood. Each of them are secured to the stud that they attach to by a retaining clip. That clip can be removed with a small screwdriver. Take care no to let the clip fly off & get lost.
Once the clip is removed, pull the strut free from the mounting stud. After this is done for both struts, you can raise the hood to a straight-up position. There are clips mounted on each of the hood's hinges to secure it in that upright position. One person can do it with care, practice and skill, but 2 people make it easier.
To replace the strut retaining clip after re-attaching the strut, hook one end into it's slot in the strut, then slide the other end into position.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
BOFABill said:
being a new L322 owner I am intrested with all this change battery talk.

Does one just disconnect the old and bring in the new?
I was led to believe that one should not just disconnect the battery as it will think it is being stolen and do all sorts of funnee things.
Is ther a special proceedure?

My wallet is beginning to shake while reading forum posts. :crybaby2:

Bill
I kept a trickle charger connected so I didn't lose any memory options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts