RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone know where bank 1 slot 1 o2 sensor is for 1999 Range Rover SE 4.0? If so please provide status ASAP.

Thanks in Advance
BSmooth

·
Super Moderator
1,924 Posts
LH side exhaust between the manifold and catalytic converter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LH side exhaust between the manifold and catalytic converter.
Hi Richard,
First & foremost Thank You So Much for the prompt reply. Anyhow, does that mean that’s the front one on Left side or the back one?

·
Super Moderator
1,924 Posts
Front one, left side as you sit in the drivers seat, NOT as you look at it from the front of the car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just a heads up for anyone dealing with O2 sensors. Bank one will always be the driver's side. Sensor one will always be the one ahead of the catalytic convertor. Bank two will always be the passenger side. Sensor two will always be the one BEHIND the cat. Hopefully, that clears things up. Ray

·
Super Moderator
1,924 Posts
Just a heads up for anyone dealing with O2 sensors. Bank one will always be the driver's side.
Not if you have a RHD car, when it will be on the passenger side. Bank 1 will always be the bank that has cylinder 1 on it which, in the case of the LR V8, will be the left side as seen from the drivers seat (no matter which side of the car it is on).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Does Anyone know where bank 1 slot 1 o2 sensor is for 1999 Range Rover SE 4.0? If so please provide status ASAP.

Thanks in Advance
BSmooth
Not if you have a RHD car, when it will be on the passenger side. Bank 1 will always be the bank that has cylinder 1 on it which, in the case of the LR V8, will be the left side as seen from the drivers seat (no matter which side of the car it is on).
Richard is correct. When I real;ized that the possibility of RHD existed, I tried to delete this post. Apparently, I was unsuccessful. Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts