RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching rave for ball joint replacement, but nothing came up. I assume they are press fit.

I could only find these special tools, so it sounds kind of difficult without them...

[attachment=1:2fzokal1]Screen shot 2010-07-08 at 9.14.12 AM.png[/attachment:2fzokal1]
[attachment=0:2fzokal1]Screen shot 2010-07-08 at 9.11.47 AM.png[/attachment:2fzokal1]

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is how the tires are wearing, mostly on the inside with some feathering. to me this suggest poor camber (ball joints) and toe (tie rods).

LF:
[attachment=1:zdcq9a0o]IMG_3624.jpg[/attachment:zdcq9a0o]

RF:
[attachment=0:zdcq9a0o]IMG_3625.jpg[/attachment:zdcq9a0o]

Attachments

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
550 Posts
Hello Harley,

I ended up changing the following on mine because of a warn Ball joint that caused the track rod to go. Got all the parts from island 4X4:

Driver's side Ball Joint, Track Rod, Tie rod and the Steering Damper.

As for tools, I used the loaner tool from Checker/O'Reillys.

Zubi has an excellent write up on the Ball-joint removal and the rest are pretty straight forward:

viewtopic.php?t=14059

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Those pictures show the SPX Sevice Solutions special tool, which costs around £600GBP.

I'm thinking you may have a problem with the steering set-up. You can get a complete track-rod and drag link with ball joints for a reasonable amount. Get a good one though, otherwise you'll be back to square one within 6 months. You need at least OEM spec (Lemforder).

·
Registered
10 Posts
harley said:
I was searching rave for ball joint replacement, but nothing came up. I assume they are press fit.

I could only find these special tools, so it sounds kind of difficult without them...
go to autozone or checker auto and use their loan a tool kit to press them out. Then reverse the process and press the new ones in. It's pretty simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts