RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys forgive my ignorance, and i've searched, but no one seems to have posited this question in terms my searches narrow to under 300 results. what is the distinction between upper and lower ball joints? does that term refer to where they are positioned on the hub and knuckles? mine are toast and so are the ends of the drag link. i want to order the parts and am looking for the correct parts and quantity of each. i was going to replace the whole drag link b/c both ends are very worn, and was going to do the ball joints and steering damper while i was at it. please advise...

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Ball joints are on the knuckles, 1 top and 1 bottom. Tie rod ends are on the drag link and tie rod.

Martin

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
dutchfrompredator said:
guys forgive my ignorance, and i've searched, but no one seems to have posited this question in terms my searches narrow to under 300 results. what is the distinction between upper and lower ball joints? does that term refer to where they are positioned on the hub and knuckles?

you nailed it

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for having mercy on me gents. so i order an upper and a lower? i'm not going to bother with the tie rod ends. spending sixty bucks on ends and going through the heartache of removing them, makes me think doing the whole drag link is the way to go. :think:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
550 Posts
I did the Ball joints, and Tie rods on mine last year with pats from Island 4X4. If you haven't seen Zubi's excellent write up, here it is:

viewtopic.php?t=14059

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks desert. i have the write up saved in .pdf now so i can print for reference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts