RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice...it would be great to see it without the RRS crossbars, like all of their other versions. It just sits too high on top of those bars.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,469 Posts
:D :D TripleE - just keeping it mum while we work on something special.

Good eye Maxwell...indeed, that's how it sits now as of this summer. That picture in the thread was from last year's prototype setup, here's a few shots from the new setup - as flush as possible to the roofline and no more cross bars, but welded feet which fit into the rails:

We're also working on a special customized design for the RRS as well - tailored to the roof line etc...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
Drevs said:
Cool. Can it be used to carry obnoxious passengers?
But of course...have anyone in particular in mind? :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PJPR01 said:
:D :D TripleE - just keeping it mum while we work on something special.
the new setup - as flush as possible to the roofline and no more cross bars, but welded feet which fit into the rails:

We're also working on a special customized design for the RRS as well - tailored to the roof line etc...[/img]
I know man. :thumb: Was the setup at the Rally using the roof rails? I can't remember. What about the custom design?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Ooooh sweet Mary, my prayers would be answered if there was foot that bolted directly to the LR roof...and...had some sort of universal clamp where I could get my Thule loadbars on. :pray:

·
Registered
217 Posts
yah, that looks 100x better. I'll definitely be interested in the custom version.

btw - what wheels are you running? Im looking for a good black set of 18/19's for winter.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
yeah, paul! holding out on us?! x2 on the custom version.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
Thanks Maxwell and the rest of the RR crew..appreciate the comments.

Well...here's something you'll like Goose. If you find a set of rails, not cross bars, then I can help you get the feet manufactured. The spacing on the Bajarack floor is actually built to accommodate Thule items so they tell me. I don't have any to test but that's apparently part of the appeal, if you're interested, I'll put you directly in touch with the owner...he's a great chap and has been really fun to work with on this project.

I'll be glad to share the new design once we get the prototype built - I actually am quite happy with the current setup as you see in the picture and the new mounted feet, but we're going to design a new one that may be a bit fuller anyway. As it stands right now, the rack is absolutely rock solid, doesn't vibrate or move at all with the wind, is quiet and holds a ton of stuff. It also only weighs about 35 lbs, which makes it a 1 person operation to mount and unmount.

At any rate, going to put it back on for the trip out to Big Bend for Thanksgiving...we're going to be exploring with a few friends to the wild wild west and cook up some quail or turkey in the great outdoors under the starry skies...if we're lucky, it may even get below zero with a smattering of snow.

The wheels are standard LR OEM 18 inch 5 spoke wheels, powder coated black, garnished with blackened charcoaled lug nuts and wrapped with a filet of Nitto Terra Grappler in a 285/60/18...

:D :D

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I've got some spots on my rack where the powder coating has rubbed off and there is already rust on it. Should I just sand it off and shoot it with some Rustoleum?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
If you want to get crazy check out KBS coatings. I am really impressed with their system. The rust seal/black top combo is really impressive. I am waiting till I have the time to do my entire chassis.

It's a bit of work to do a rack but will be rock solid for years if done right.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
A wee bit of sanding will work and a couple coats of black paint will do nicely or truck bed liner, or the hammered look paint also to provide some texture.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, they have the textured stuff - so thinking that would be perfect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts