RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was getting random "front passenger door open" warnings over the past few months even though we repeatedly opened/closed the door. got the expected behavior as if it really weren't properly closed like doors won't lock as i drove off, short honk when i try to arm the alarm, interior lights stay on, etc. it would eventually go away with an engine cycle here and there. but just this morning though i was able to lock the doors from the remote as normal without incident, someone at the office just told me my alarm is sounding off so i'm guessing it's the same front passenger door sensor. anyone replace theirs? i'm assuming it's a simple DIY - pop door card off, unplug something, remove & replace?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
8 Posts
Hello! Did you ever get this resolved? This sounds eerily similar to an issue I am having with my SC RRS. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorta...by taking the lazy way out. I'd resorted to not using the key to lock the vehicle and use the central locking button on the dash to lock it up whenever it started acting up. I remembered some old discussions about turning off auto lock fixing seat memory issues so on a whim, I decided to turn it off. Haven't had a problem since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts