RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put my sport in Reverse, the back up buzzer goes on even if there is nothing behind me. When I put the transmisson in Drive, the back up buzzer stays on. I have to manually turn it off by hitting the switch on the dash. Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Outside of an obvious blockage of the sensor, mud, snow(not in LA in the summer probably) this is a PITA problem. Its probably a bad sensor, or less likely, there is a problem with the rear junction box.

Based on my past experience trying to fix this on my own with another brand car, while the bad sensor seems like an easy fix, its a finger-numbing exercise to figure out which one it is. You have to buy a new sensor ($100+), somehow get your hand up in there, remove the old one without breaking the flimsy retaining clip, and replace each one in sequence to figure out the culprit...and its always the last sensor you replace that's the offender.

If you are still under warranty, have the dealer do it. If not, and you have to get into this, while you have them apart, make sure to clean off the contact pins on connectors before putting them back together--they tend to get corroded over time. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
TripleE said:
What'd you do with the real goosey?
The doctor has me on this new drug that is supposed to make the voices go away, but you're right, I'm wondering if its affecting me in other ways 'cause I just realized I posted a somewhat mildly useful answer to somebody's question. :doh:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same issue with my 07' RRS. I thought it was because the shop that installed my Hamann kit fouled something up when they put it back together. The shop did not paint match the sensors to the front & rear Hamann valance (to my dismay)...does anyone know if the sensors will not function if painted? At this point i am stuck buying a touch-up paint kit and going back to do it myself.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Check out the gallery for samples, you will see that the sensors of the RRS can be spray painted with no effects on their operation (the FFRR backup sensors are painted at the factory actually, same sensors.) I would not apply any touch-up paint with a brush if I were you, as it may go on too thick and interfere with their sensitivity. A light coat or two of non-metallic base spray paint should do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts