RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning I'm new to this forum and the Range Rover experience. I was fooling around with the touchscreen and thought that it would be nice to change the background, the car has a USB source for mp3, but can it be used to upload an image or something?, that would be quite nice, btw it is an excellent car.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
263 Posts
The only way to do that would be to edit the actual Nav System DVD, alter the setup/load file, add the new image to the DVD and test it. I'm not sure how simple or complex it is, but I would guess the Nav DVD is secured with specific "hash algorithms" drawn from the default files on the DVD. Change a file, hash doesn't match, DVD doesn't work. Also the burn process is likely proprietary so simply creating a new DVD wouldn't work. All this would be so the nav software company can protect its product.

I know murdered out (not sure of his new handle) was looking at this some time back, not sure if he was successful or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's not that simple... darn, I thought it would be somewhat complicated but not thaaaat complicated :shock:
I hope murder out found out how to do it, because that would make the car look with more personality.
thanks for the fast response, by any chance you know how to do it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts