RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to have the lights in the back seat turn on when the doors are open?

·
Registered
240 Posts
With some wiring and resistors it’s possible. If you search the forum there is a complete write up on exactly how to do it. I did mine and very happy I did.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice I may try it out thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just bought these off Mouser, can anyone confirm these are correct resistors? Going to install these in the next few days will report back if this is correct part to make only the one light come on with the switch after the mod.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/863-1N5404G

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it the correct part?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finished this up over the weekend. Was much simpler than it looks. The resistors mentioned above worked perfectly. Only issue I ran into was the black harness that goes into the switch where you need to swap the pos and neg wires. The metal part that is inside the black plastic is very delicate and I ended up snapping it while trying to remove it on one side. The one I snapped was the live wire feeding the switch. So with the new live coming from the door, the lights still work when opening door but the switch no longer works.

If anyone has any idea where I could get a replacement that would be huge.

Anyone else attempting this I would say it is well worth it, however if there is enough wire I would just cut before the black harness and then splice them back revered instead of trying to mess with the harness itself.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
61138377064 plug, in case anyone else runs into this issue down the road. This is the BMW brand, comes in Ford as well as Land Rover. This is the only one I could find though. All fit the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts