RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, we are getting rid of our Model X and picking up another 2018 Range Rover. The only issue is that this one has Ivory seats, with three kids, it doesn't seem like the best scenario.

Are there good seat covers for the back row that you guys recommend?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I do not know of any good covers, but it will be really tight with three in the backseat, even if they are young. We have a tough time travelling with three (all under 10) because of the right fit (2013 RRSC SWB).

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have young kids and have cirrus seats- almost like ivory and never had issues with kid- i do clean them quite often. The only place a problem is the drivers seat which turns blue from jeans and I can't remove. Range rover sells seat covers which I had- they are black and kind of ugly but does the job- they installed them during one of the service visits but stopped using them as they were unattractive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have ivory seats in two Range Rovers and use something like this (only for seat cushion, not back of seats):
https://www.amazon.com/Nonslip-Breathable-Cushion-Vehicle-Supplies/dp/B073SR1FB7/ref=pd_bxgy_263_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B073SR1FB7&pd_rd_r=4M5WA9MQY9KZ0KSJJ2GG&pd_rd_w=QLRcB&pd_rd_wg=0Ek80&psc=1&refRID=4M5WA9MQY9KZ0KSJJ2GG

I got mine last year from China, but it's very similar to this model. Photo is from my Sport. Not specifically for Range Rover but listed as one model it fits. Color on mine is more beige than ivory but not as strongly colored as on the referenced link. It's breathable material with activated carbon. You can feel the seat cooling thru the cushion but not as strongly as without. Maybe you can find something like this. I don't know any more sources right now. Definitely with kids it would be good to cover the seat cushions, not necessarily the seat backs. Kids will spill stuff on the seats, and regardless of the color it can make sense to cover them. I would be careful if covering the entire seats due to the airbags in the front bolsters.

Others mentioned that ivory will discolor. I have 25,000 miles on my Sport with ivory, and there was nothing which was difficult to clean off.

I've seen a YouTube video by a professional detailer using diluted Woolite to clean various stains from leather seats on expensive cars. Of course it won't clean liquids which have gone down into the seats...

Seat Cushions.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts