Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used different cylinders for the back lift gate I can't get any for the dealer they only have one. Funny they look just like the ones I changed on the wife's car. It's for a 2007 RRS they all look the same I think the only difference would be the length of each cylinder. Any imput would be great full. OH HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY TO ALL FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS.
Capt Ken

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
54 Posts
They can't order it? Is it on some sort of Backorder? Any other parts stores around? If you have a NAPA or CarQuest there, they are usually pretty good at getting stuff like that.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,015 Posts
You mean the tailgate struts? I must be on my third or fourth pair since I purchased the car, the OEM struts only last a year or two and then they weaken, especially when the weather turns cold. However, they are relatively cheap to replace so I never bothered shopping for better alternatives, my indy shop replaces them when I ask (usually the first time I bump my head on the gate, lol) for about $80/100. FYI, bputah.com sells them for about $30 a piece.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah the Tail gate Struts thanks for the info i was hoping just to go down to a auto parts store and find some just like the rover ones that would work. Thanks Again Happy New Year
Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.