Range Rovers Forum banner

Back in the fam - 2010 RR SC

Tags
2010 back fam
1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Keralis 
#1 ·
Hey all!

Back into the Land Rover family earlier this week. Bought a 2010 Range Rover supercharged. Black on tan, lux and rse.

Loving it so far. Tint next week and looking at blacked out grill/gills.

Guy I bought it from does defender rebuilds - has a great shop and is a good guy. Cost surprised me as reasonable (35k for a nice clean d90/d110).

Here it goes!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking good , that engine really makes it fly 510 HP.
I am not sure I would be adding the tint it just makes it harder to see out at night for the driver the back windows are already tinted.
I did the timing chains and guides and tensioners and VVT units at 105K, now shes running quiet

#4 ·
Throw some tint pics up if you can - that's about what I'd go and have on my daily.

Merlin-
Anything drive you to do the chain and timers? Mine is a little loud for my preference. Checked with a local shop and they had only replaced those with failure. Whatd that service cost, if you don't mind me asking?

When I was researching on here that popped as something I factored in as probably being needed in the next couple of years.

#5 ·
Nice going Jeff. WE finally sold our P and got the 04. Sounds nice and hope it treats you well. I think our P came up for sale again for 1500 and still looked very good but even though ours is likely due for guides I resisted the urge to go back.

#6 ·
Mine was sounding like a diesel ,
I had the dealer do the labor,
I had already bought most of the parts as I was going to do the job myself,
after looking into buying the tools i decided that since i have never taken one apart it would be best to let a dealer guy do it,
and save the cash for the tool cost.
Truck runs good and quiet if you go for it make sure that they also replace the 4 VVT units these can rattle a lot

#7 ·
Might look into that after I sort out the couple things the purchase inspection came back (rear cv joint, front control arm bushings).

What kind of rubber are you running Merlin? Put some Goodyear duratecs on wife's navigator for no legitimate reason and might run those back when they come up in the next couple years. Looks good.

#8 ·
My 2010 has Bridgestone Duelers, been great so far pretty quiet. My 2011 has Hankook something’s, not worth looking as they have a bit of road noise and I’m likely going to be replacing them soon.

#10 ·
Here’s the tint. My 05 was 5% on the rear passenger and back and that was way to dark, couldn’t see out in night.

This picture is my 2011, a modest 35% all around. Front looks lighter as the windshield is letting a good amount of light in. My 2010 is the same tint, or otherwise has an unnoticeable difference. If you’d still like a picture I can do that.

Don’t mind how dirty it is `)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.