RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The amount of stuff replaced on my truck, under warranty, should probably make it more 'newer' than a 5 year old vehicle.... catalytic converter, both outside mirrors, instrument cluster, heated seat, radio/phone PCI, transmission & about 6 things that are escaping me right now. I dislike bringing it in, but whatever. Brought the '05 back into the dealer (note: brought to dealer as we have warranty for another year/75K miles w/a $100 deductible) this morning. The service engine soon light has been on then will randomly go off - ran the OBD code on it & appears to be an O2 Sensor. Fine.

The front parking distance control completely conked out - no codes of course but I think it has something to do w/the PCI module controlling the front (that's what a friend of mine who works as a BMW tech w/limited RR knowledge indicated). Shouldn't be too surprised, the whole thing is kind of touchy.

Check side light message for front + side light has been coming on every once in a while. I've checked it several times; figured it out last night: the right halogen lights on the front-right will go on or off if I *tap* the case. Just a light tap. Nice. Am presuming this is wiring or something going wonky electronically & not the lights which if they are bad I will switch them myself. But does not appear to be the case.

The starter will also, randomly, not work. This is always a very, very nice touch particularly when I'm driving around friends or family & I'm like ''haha oops, my fault I didn't turn the key right''. Of course the starter does not store any faults so it is virtually impossible for the tech at LR to see it happen. Because it is so sporadic.

The loaner I'm driving right now from Enterprise is a Jeep Patriot. Ugh. 6 years ago I leased a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I liked that truck. This Patriot is just a piece of, well, it is what it is. Guess even with all this stuff that seems to go wrong w/the Rover there is unfortunately nothing else like it. Is still a superior vehicle. I love it but dislike the hassle.

Does it ever end? The hassle? Think I know the answer.

·
Registered
952 Posts
They certainly can have their share of problems but most of the things you listed are not common faults. Both outside mirrors? What was the problem there? Have you had this car since new? If you bought it used do you know it's history, was it ever crashed? Front bumper sensors and the front light sensors crapping out makes me wonder if it's ever had front end damage that was repaired poorly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, we did not buy new but bought it CPO a while back. Clean carfax w/no issues, no damage reported, no accidents & bought from a LR dealer. The only reason I know what things have been replaced is due to the carfax which lists the various replacements/work on the truck. It lists both side mirrors - I can hazard a guess that they would not move? Asked the dealer about it (came from a different part of the country of course) but they could not give any answer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Service manager called; the 02 sensor issue seems to be a problem with the catalytic converter. The solution is to replace the catalytic converter itself, mind you, this is the 2nd time it has been replaced.

Nice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are replacing:

* Catalytic converter (this is #2)
* Front right halogen sockets x2 (causing 'check control' to act wonky)
* Reprogramming + replacing PCI for front parking distance control
* Starter

All for a whopping $100 deductible (+ $16 for the two lights). Not bad. I could not believe it when my LR service guy called me last night. Amazing, not even sending an inspector. I mean, it's all legit stuff but at least the starter they somehow got that ok'd - by the very nature of it is random so no rhyme/reason about it working or not. As it is, I will never, ever own a LR product w/o a super extended warranty of some kind. Already shopping around for one post-CPO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts