RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks love the wheels,but for now,going with 20s and see how much it impacts rice quality

Btw really good looking cars

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks love the wheels,but for now,going with 20s and see how much it impacts rice quality

Btw really good looking cars
Thank you. The twin MY12s were a recent happy accident. I also have a MY06 around here somewhere.

There are a metric ton of tire threads on here. These are my thoughts:

Speaking from personal experience across 3 L322s with various wheels from 19-22". Currently I'm literally sitting on 6 different sets of wheels and tires.

19" and stock L322 20" wheels feel mushy to me but are great for AT tires. I keep a stock set of wheels with AT tires for winter and occasional unicorn chasing offroad.

20 + 21 inch wheels don't impact ride quality as its a 4.5 - 5" sidewall. If buying 20s look for 20x9.5 in a Sport or Disco wheel as the stock L322 20" wheel is only 8.5 and really limits you to a 255/50/20 street tire which kind of sucks and doesn't fill up the wheel well or look as good. The 9.5 wide wheels have different offset and fit upto a 285 wide tire which really IMO improves handling quite a bit as well as looks better. 21" wheels will all be OEM and 9.5 width and different offset. Fills up the wheel well much better.

21 is my all around favorite for a daily driver but very limited on AT tires.

If you go to a 22" wheel, then you'll really feel the road and have to be careful about road rash due to the low sidewall. Common wheel sizes and offsets can cause rub issues in extreme conditions due to width and offset.

I just threw a set of 22x9.5 redbournes on the SC, then drove 3500 miles across country. It was scary at times. Had to check a few times to see if I'd gashed a wheel but came through unscathed.

If you have a change of heart on the wheels or even just a change of mind, let me know. I've got too many sets and a few need a good home. I'm up near Pasadena, I'm not horribly far.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts