24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a long break I am back in a range
2005 hse white 104k miles
Owner took real good care of the car and I paid 6k
This is my 2nd car I have a jag f type which I plan to use on the weekends
Took it to a Land Rover shop in south of and they stated around 4K needed
2k now and then 2k in the future
Currently transmission service rear brakes power steering oil leak inside filters and cable from alternator to battery valve gasket very slight leak that is repair number one
Car runs like a babe it is so good to be back in the range
Tires are halfway gone and I am getting 2015 rr 20 tires rims new take offs for 1000 would like to get the 2008 supercharged model wheels but can’t find them at reasonable price
Car blue tooth works fine but have installed fm transmitter for bt music seems to work fine on 107.1 got window tinted to limo all except fronts
Want to add the wood kit inside and hella lamps on the brush bar
Interior is near perfect
So all in all I will be in 12k by the time all the work is done and accessories are added
Also the 2006 grill upgrade from London which does not require headlights change

Question is to all you smart people and I can’t do any work on my car as I am not qualified to
Do I do this and have a near perfect car to my likings and then keep 3k a year for maintenance I will be driving under 10k
Or do I sell even if I lose a grand or two and buy a 2007 2008 as it is newer as I get the wheels th ebkuetooth probably lux there is one available for around 9k with 85k mikes
Or I just get the work done knowing it is a good car and I am not looking to sell for 5 years

I know it all sounds nuts but that is the cost of loving a Rover and getting back into it
I was not willing to spend 50k on a newer model so have some money to play around

Any ideas are welcomed and I am located in south oc California i

·
Registered
200 Posts
Isn’t this the car of a member here that he sold recently?
Regarding the things you mentioned, I’d skip all the accessories and cosmetic updates and get the car mechanically solid. Don’t forget that there are timing chains in your future, and that will cost a pretty penny if you’re paying someone to do it.
I hear 07-08 mode year is the least troublesome, but will let someone else to chime in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn’t this the car of a member here that he sold recently?
Regarding the things you mentioned, I’d skip all the accessories and cosmetic updates and get the car mechanically solid. Don’t forget that there are timing chains in your future, and that will cost a pretty penny if you’re paying someone to do it.
I hear 07-08 mode year is the least troublesome, but will let someone else to chime in.
Yes he was absolutely amazing and I want the car to be perfect . He really took good care of the car and it looks great. The cosmetics are really not that steep it and s the maintenance work I am doing which gets me at around 10k all in but then I have a excellent condition car and I also like the additions he did the aluminum pedals wheel upgrades chrome door handles and mirrors that is why I am thinking

·
Registered
200 Posts
At the end of the day, it's your money and whatever car makes you happy. Rovers are hardly a sensible choice if frugality is your main goal, are they? I am partial to BMW-era L322s and intend to hang on to it as long as possible. Plan and budget accordingly and you'll be happy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If the car works and you are happy with it - keep it.
The benefit of the car you have is that you know what´s wrong with the car and you know the budget. A swap to a newer model can´t guarantee that it is without problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's like cigarettes you quit them but theres always a longing to go back on them. You done well you managed to stay of the range rovers for 12 years but they eventually got you again. Best of luck :LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
189 Posts
They say misery loves company. Are we the misery that loves the company of these vehicles? Or are the vehicles the misery that love our company? Anywho welcome back to misery lol we all wrench down here!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Howdy stranger. I would do the second transmission flush, oil change, brakes, valve cover gasket and drive happy. If you do decide to sell it, it will go fast judging on how many responses I got from my ad in one day. Also, if you get another one, 'buy the seller' IE if it has a mystery history, you are only going to buying another persons headache. Documented history, long ownership, no paintwork, clean carfax bla bla bla.

It was a pleasure to meet you as well :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
This is a cool thread. One member sells his L322 and another posts with aforementioned L322. We're a family!

·
Registered
251 Posts
This is a cool thread. One member sells his L322 and another posts with aforementioned L322. We're a family!
Pretty sure we're all just voices in your head and you own a lot of Land Rovers.

If not then I'm definately the eccentric cousin....oops I spelled dysfunctional wrong.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They say misery loves company. Are we the misery that loves the company of these vehicles? Or are the vehicles the misery that love our company? Anywho welcome back to misery lol we all wrench down here!
There is something about these cars that is nostalgic romantic and crazy. I have a 2015 f type and a 2013 boxster and I drive the range since I got it
After putting two kids through college guess needed to spend money somewhere and that is Rover maintenance but I love it and as much as I focused on getting an 15 rr
I just could not get over my romance with the older Rover styles ......

·
Registered
251 Posts
There is something about these cars that is nostalgic romantic and crazy. I have a 2015 f type and a 2013 boxster and I drive the range since I got it
After putting two kids through college guess needed to spend money somewhere and that is Rover maintenance but I love it and as much as I focused on getting an 15 rr
I just could not get over my romance with the older Rover styles ......
You have the proper attitude to be a very successfully dysfunctional Land Rover owner 😆

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Howdy stranger. I would do the second transmission flush, oil change, brakes, valve cover gasket and drive happy. If you do decide to sell it, it will go fast judging on how many responses I got from my ad in one day. Also, if you get another one, 'buy the seller' IE if it has a mystery history, you are only going to buying another persons headache. Documented history, long ownership, no paintwork, clean carfax bla bla bla.

It was a pleasure to meet you as well :)
I am thoroughly enjoying the car so first of all THANK YOU
Ordered personalized ca historical plates
OF DA RD
Very happy
Got 20 one wheels
Car was clawed oils changed transmission serviced etc
Only three things to do now or four
DRIVE
FIND lux seats on eBay
Front headlight or grill conversion
Bluetooth audio many options will make a decision soon
And yes got limo tints
New cd changer ordered through eBay
Brush guard hella lights

The car is amazingly beautiful with the upgrades you did very classy so I don’t want to lose the class but make it mine

So thank you and yes I am keeping it as after buying the jag type and selling my boxster 981 I still need to save up to buy a yellow 981 boxster again

You only live once

·
Registered
251 Posts
I meant clayey and 20 inches Oem wheels
If you're in California I have 2 sets of 21" Range Rover OEM wheels. A set of AB wheels and a set of SVR, both with fairly new tires.

If you're interested I'd give you a great deal as shipping might be local.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you're in California I have 2 sets of 21" Range Rover OEM wheels. A set of AB wheels and a set of SVR, both with fairly new tires.

If you're interested I'd give you a great deal as shipping might be local.
I am in oc can I see pics ....thx I can pick them up

·
Registered
251 Posts
Disclaimer: Rovers and TPMS not included!

NOTE: these were both new takeoff sets I purchased and are genuine Land Rover wheels. I have the original TPMS but they're 433mhz and don't work on our L322s.

These are the L405 Autobiography 21x9.5 wheels with brand new 275/45/21 Pirelli Scorpion OEM tires. I really like these and they're fairly rare.

The L494 SVR 21x9.5 wheels I just bought for the AB. These are brand new with less than 1000 miles on them, swapped at the dealer off a new vehicle. These have fairly new tires. I haven't put much mileage on either set.

Shoot me a PM and we can discuss further if you like.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Disclaimer: Rovers and TPMS not included!

NOTE: these were both new takeoff sets I purchased and are genuine Land Rover wheels. I have the original TPMS but they're 433mhz and don't work on our L322s.

These are the L405 Autobiography 21x9.5 wheels with brand new 275/45/21 Pirelli Scorpion OEM tires. I really like these and they're fairly rare.

View attachment 281549

View attachment 281550

The L494 SVR 21x9.5 wheels I just bought for the AB. These are brand new with less than 1000 miles on them, swapped at the dealer off a new vehicle. These have fairly new tires. I haven't put much mileage on either set.

View attachment 281551

View attachment 281552

Shoot me a PM and we can discuss further if you like.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts