RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I’ve replaced the back glass on my ‘92 because the frame was rusted out around the release button. The donor is not bent, and in really good shape over all, so...why can’t I get the freaking thing to close and stay closed. I have to slam it hard, which I think will eventually fatigue the frame and put me back in the same place. When it does shut, and i go for a drive it enevitably pops open from one or both corners.

The struts are correct and new.

Who has a good alignment procedure, or trick to get this thing to shut and stay shut?

I’ve searched, but haven’t found any help.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
77 Posts
The latch tab bolt holes into the body are slotted. Adjust those posts out ward slightly, to more fully engage the tail gate latch. Many cars are made this way to compensate for slight variation in parts. There is a lot of adjustment room on all the connections on those tail gates... You just have to keep tweeking it until it closes right. Also clean and dry lube (graphite etc.) the latches. They live right in the dust all the time. Jon G

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the ones one top, that face to the interior of the vehicle or the out side?

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
77 Posts
The posts attached to the body... low in the opening are adjustable. These:
Yes, my Rover could use a little TLC right now.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts