RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, continuing issue with my p38, i now seam to have a back fire only on lpg on change down under hard exceleration at about 2500k revs, i have single point system which when back fires usually mean the leads are gone, but i have magincores, changed the plugs today no issues still got the check all the leads and coils, will do friday, but wanted to know if anybody has any other ideas. The rig is running well at the moment just don't really want to boot it too hard, makes me drive like an old man if you know what i mean.
onetime.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You will always have that potential problem with a single point lpg install.

The fuel (LPG) comes in through the ring into the engine. When hard acceleration or change down the LPG will travel throughout the inlet back to the air box, once ignited it can blow.
(Sometimes taking out your air box and maf)

Making sure plugs and ht leads are ok is the important part along with servicing to ensure all is set up as it should be.
As you have had backfires clean the MAF and check the whole inlet pipe and air box for any damage.
There are some backfire protection valves on the market which would reduce damage.

I had a couple of backfires, luckily no damage, just blew the top off the air box and made the MAF dirty.

In the end I ripped it out and put a multi point OMVL system in.
Now I can flaw it on LPG just the same as on petrol.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate your in my part fo the world, the land of big sky, anyway riched off the mixture and seams to be ok, just worried at the mo as is using oil, which i thought was the rocker covers masy turn out to be valve stem seals don't know away to do these do you, looked like the blokes that did head gaskets didn't replace them.
Onetime

1 - 4 of 4 Posts