RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's, can someone give me an idea on the fault code : B1B33-87 (Target identification transfer) as my motor wont start & is coming up with this fault code.

Many thanks in advance

ASH

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
It's a 2002 to 05 truck isn't it? (always helps to give years and engine sizes, manufacturers). It has something to do with the immobilzer but I can't find that code anywhere. some people say that they changed the battery in the key fob and that cured it, but I don't see how since the immobilizer doesn't use the fob battery for anything.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry mate, mine is a 2011 vogue SE,

Battery changed, ABS sensor & Ring changed & still the same..

SDD Recommendation is that I need to reconfigure the KVM but my SDD is an old version & the software won't run

ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! ... F**King thing.. lol

Any more advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Which wheel speed sensor did you have worked on? Some Jaquars with that code have had issues with the ECM ground connection, which would typically (on the 02-10s) would be just under the electronics box in the engine compartment on the front side of right front wheelwell. Don't know where they are on the 11's and up.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
This is from a 2010 Jaguar workshop manual for the 5.0L SC engine on an XFR, its about the only reference I can find with anykind of descent info about this specific diagnostic code.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, it would make sense as Ive changed the drivers front wheel sensor..

However, ive now sent it in to a local garage to have it sorted as time isn't on my side at the minute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts