Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While playing around with some features in my P38 today i noticed that the MPG average read 99.9 so after holding for 2 seconds it went into Calculating Average MPG for quite some time (at which time i thought the feature might possibly have never been used ) and then returned again with an average MPG of 99.9 lol.
As much as I'd love to be getting that kind of fuel efficiency I'm guessing that the sensor is broken somewhere and needs replacing.
Have searched to see if other people have had similar issues but to no avail.
It computes the Trip 1 and Trip 2 no problem and also seems accurate on the average speed but the range is also telling me i have 550miles left with less than a quarter of a tank left lol.
Anyone had similar issues with their rig?
Odometer Vehicle Auto part Car Technology

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh.so it will eventually work its way down to the proper MPG then will it?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,278 Posts
Reset.
Coast down a hill.
Smile at the imaginary numbers that pop up...`)
If, on the other hand, this has been happening for some time, we need more details.

Martin

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wish it was genuinely 99.9MPG but not in this lifetime.It seems to be stuck at 99.9 even after resetting it and driving for a few hours.Haven't had the rig much longer than a week so I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and hope it wakes itself up.Kinda sucks not knowing what MPG I'm getting though.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,278 Posts
They are about as accurate as any other on board MPG display, so you aren't missing much!
Does the fuel gauge work accurately?

Martin

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it seems to work fine.Everything else on the dash seems to work fine with the exception of this,the range is off too by about 450 miles lol.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tell a lie,the temperature dial never seems to make it up above the cold mark whether this is anything to be concerned about or not I don't know?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,278 Posts
I would have to have a gander at the sensors and see what links the MPG and Range together.
Must be a flow rate calculation going on though, that makes the MPG, and thus the range, go more whacky than it normally is.
Maybe Carl will have some first hand experience with this though.....I am now on Guiness (ran out of Boddingtons!), so wont be looking myself.:thumb:

Martin

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your help Martin.You should have been on Guinness to begin with its all i drink even here in the States.It doesn't travel well though unfortunately.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,278 Posts
Being from near Manchester (Oldham, then near Blackpool), I like me Bodd's mate!
Anyways, if no one else chimes in, I will have a look through Alldata tomorrow, before we go look at a Mk3 in St Louis!:shhh:

Martin

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh you're a Utd supporter then?ahem . . me being a Chelsea supporter is not gonna go down so well then i take it lol.
Have never tried Bodds but have heard people say its good.Drink mostly Dos Equis since i moved to the states.Can only drink the Guinness over here to about 7 or 8 pints and its like eating a meal its so heavy.Plus its as black coming out the other end as it is going in lol.
I was thinking it must be some kind of sensor.My rig was converted over to coils before i got here so they might have dismantled something while doing that conversion.
Thanks for your help Martin,appreciate it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.