Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 10year service done on my beloved autobiography last year but last week my auxillary belt broke ,bit of damage but a lot of work.My little darling had done 98500 thousand miles but I have just discovered the auxillary belt was not changed, having spoken to the reputable garage they are telling me that land rover don't suggest a set millage for it to be changed just on inspection?? Can anyone tell me if this is true
Many thanks Neil

· Registered
2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
13 Posts
I had my 10year service done on my beloved autobiography last year but last week my auxillary belt broke ,bit of damage but a lot of work.My little darling had done 98500 thousand miles but I have just discovered the auxillary belt was not changed, having spoken to the reputable garage they are telling me that land rover don't suggest a set millage for it to be changed just on inspection?? Can anyone tell me if this is true
Many thanks Neil
Neil, sorry for the unfortunate belt break. I just looked up the recommended time for replacement in my LR service manual and it shows 105,000 miles for replacing the belts. Just a little shy on your mileage, but what I would personally consider “in the zone” for replacement. Atlantic British has the same replacement time in their recommendations for servicing our vehicles. The other consideration for replacing those belts is time. 10 years would be an appropriate time for that. If you’re like me you choose a “reputable“ garage, not because they are cheap but they do things right and hopefully based on their experience consider things we don’t. Looks like they were a bit short this time. I hope they stand up and help you out, at least on the labor side of making it right.
Hoot

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neil, sorry for the unfortunate belt break. I just looked up the recommended time for replacement in my LR service manual and it shows 105,000 miles for replacing the belts. Just a little shy on your mileage, but what I would personally consider “in the zone” for replacement. Atlantic British has the same replacement time in their recommendations for servicing our vehicles. The other consideration for replacing those belts is time. 10 years would be an appropriate time for that. If you’re like me you choose a “reputable“ garage, not because they are cheap but they do things right and hopefully based on their experience consider things we don’t. Looks like they were a bit short this time. I hope they stand up and help you out, at least on the labor side of making it right.
Hoot
Thanks for your response we can only do our best by our vehicles but have to rely on others sometimes I hope they step up as well looking a bit expensive

· Registered
2011 L320 RRS 3.0 TDV6 HSE Luxury with Dynamic Pack - Fuji White on Ebony with Ivory contrast
1,160 Posts
What engine?
When was the service done “last year”? That could be 1 to 13 months ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts