Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 RR HSE and I just bought an oem Range Rover front brush guard second hand and they have the factory Land Rover driving lights mounted on them. I've searched the forums and can't find any information on how to connect the lights. Does anyone on here have them? Is there an oem style switch for them that mounts on the dash or do people just use an oridinary switch under the dash? I didn't get any wiring for the lights so I'm at a loss on how to get them working.

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,045 Posts
my 2005 had the same light package,
and there was a factory switch that was used at the left lower section of the height quadrant,
try popping off that little cover and see if there might be a harness for switched foglamps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to keep the factory OEM look so I'm looking to add the center console switch near the height controls. If anyone has retrofitted these lights please post on how you did them! If anyone has the switch itself and wants to sell let me know as well. THanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to find the OEM switch and trim on eBay. Now I just need help wiring. I can't seem to find the factory OEM wiring either new or used without buying the entire kit new. I guess I can find a way to hook up a relay to get these lights to work but I'm not sure how to get the factory on/off switch to work as I don't know the pin outs on it.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,045 Posts
did you find the harness behind the console trim for fog lamps?

On mine the relay was added to the rear side of the battery bulkhead.
This made tapping into power easy
then the wires were run along the PS fenderwell to the grill.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the lights on mine with the factory switch on the console. I will try and get you some pics if I have some time this weekend

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The harness is not pre installed from the factory. I was able to find the installation manual off the Land Rover website but it's only illustrations and no actual instructions on installing them.

Shadetree- I would really appreciate some pictures of the connector behind the switch in the center console as I need to see the color codes of the wires going to it and pin outs. Maybe pics of the relay as well? Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone on here with OEM Auxiliary Driving Lamps? Need help.

Anyone have the OEM Land Rover driving lamps mounted on their front bumper or brush guard? I'm having a hard time finding the wiring diagrams for these lights. I have everything figured out except I need a picture or wiring pin outs for the switch to the driving lamps. For those that have it, it's the switch located directly under the ride height controls (left hand drive). Can someone take a picture of the connector that goes into the switch? There should be 4 wires to it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Anyone on here with OEM Auxiliary Driving Lamps? Need h

It's been a few months now and id like to get my auxiliary lights wired up. Can someone here take a quick picture of the wire harness behind their factory aux switch located behind their ride height controls? That's the only thing that's keeping me from wiring everything up. Just need to see which color wires goes to which pins in the switch itself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Anyone on here with OEM Auxiliary Driving Lamps? Need h

I still haven't been able to get a wire diagram for the wire harness behind the auxilliary Safari light switch under the ride height controls.

I'll PayPal $20 to the person who can take pictures of the harness so I can get an idea which color wires go to which pins on the switch itself. This is for the optional factory Aux light switch under the ride height controls that control the safari lights mounted on the factory brush guard not the factory fog lights mounted in the front bumper.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still offering $20 paypaled to person with wiring diagram or picture behind switch.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Still offering $20 paypaled to person with wiring diagram or picture behind switch.
It's been 10 months and you haven't gotten them wired by now? Search online for the rave manual, download for free. It gives wiring diagrams for every electronic thing in the car. Just use a regular relay and tap into your front fog lights. That way, when your hit your fog light button, your aux lamps will turn on too....easy.

If you're willing to pay someone on here $20 for a wiring diagram, why don't you just take it to your closest indy shop, and they will have everything working for about $100 in less than an hour.

·
Registered
631 Posts

This is the switch you are referring to? A previous owner must have installed these lights on my truck, or they came from the factory and someone removed them. I have the wiring for them zip tied up behind the front grill, and the previous grill had screw holes where the lights were mounted.

I can take some pics of the harness. You want me to trace the wires back as far as I can while I'm at it?

And I don't need you to PayPal me $20 either, I'm happy to help out a fellow L322 owner...

2006 L322 4.2L SC

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's been 10 months and you haven't gotten them wired by now? Search online for the rave manual, download for free. It gives wiring diagrams for every electronic thing in the car. Just use a regular relay and tap into your front fog lights. That way, when your hit your fog light button, your aux lamps will turn on too....easy.

If you're willing to pay someone on here $20 for a wiring diagram, why don't you just take it to your closest indy shop, and they will have everything working for about $100 in less than an hour.

I've check the Rave manual and they don't have anything listed for the optional driving lights. I have the installation manual for the factory driving lights but since the harnesses are plug and play and the diagrams are all in black and white, I can't get them wired that way. And I would rather have them hooked up as they are from the factory rather than going the easy way and hooking them up to the fog lights.

·
Registered
28 Posts
YES finally!! If you could please take a picture of the harness connected to the back of the switch so I know which wire goes to each terminal on the back of the switch. I don't have a harness so I was going to solder each wire onto each pin of the switch. Unless you want to sell your harness?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think VUB001090-322 - Driving Lamp Kit was not a factory fitted option but could be retro fitted by your Main Dealer.

I've had this kit for some years now but haven't attempted to fit the lights as the installation manual is asx2nervisx says, just pictorial. It does give a guide to the colour coding of the wiring connections using the kit supplied wiring looms.

Its a complicated fit as I think the driving lamps are wired into the full beam circuit and the switch allows their use with full beam or not but not independently. I'm not certain of this but will find out if I ever get round to having them wired up.

In the absence of the installation kit I would think that, as has been suggested a competent auto electrician would be able to scratch build a loom and wire them up via a relay and switch tapping into an ignition circuit to power them.

If its any help, my kit came with a list of parts with the Part Number for the "Wiring Kit - L322 Auxiliary Drive Lamp" given as 12281. May be worth checking if it might be available as a separate item.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Would you be able to take pictures of the wiring loom to the factory switch?

Wiring this to a relay and having an aftermarket switch is easy. I am able to do that without taking my truck to a mechanic. I however like everything to look like from the factory so that's why I have the factory switch already. Just need a little help with the harness to it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts