RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been addressed before, but for some reason the Search function isn't working now.

Is there an auxilary jack in the 2004 RR? I want to hook my Zune MP3 player up to the stock system. If anyone knows where the jack is located please let me know. Also, will I need any extra equipment or cables for this to work? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
PR4YME said:
I'm sure this has been addressed before, but for some reason the Search function isn't working now.

Is there an auxilary jack in the 2004 RR? I want to hook my Zune MP3 player up to the stock system. If anyone knows where the jack is located please let me know. Also, will I need any extra equipment or cables for this to work? Thanks.
Firstly were abouts are you located? You need to upgrade your radio unit (in the rear compartment) to the 'BMW' BM53 or BM54 module, this will give you the ability to wire in the AUX in cable which you can then connect your MP3 player too. Check out http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catalog/ ... dc824437bd this is where i got my radio module and AUX cable from, its a dead easy thing to do also check out the blog pages on my site www.myrangerover.co.uk and it describes how to do the upgrade in more detail.

Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mattstevenson2005 said:
PR4YME said:
I'm sure this has been addressed before, but for some reason the Search function isn't working now.

Is there an auxilary jack in the 2004 RR? I want to hook my Zune MP3 player up to the stock system. If anyone knows where the jack is located please let me know. Also, will I need any extra equipment or cables for this to work? Thanks.
Firstly were abouts are you located? You need to upgrade your radio unit (in the rear compartment) to the 'BMW' BM53 or BM54 module, this will give you the ability to wire in the AUX in cable which you can then connect your MP3 player too. Check out http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catalog/ ... dc824437bd this is where i got my radio module and AUX cable from, its a dead easy thing to do also check out the blog pages on my site http://www.myrangerover.co.uk and it describes how to do the upgrade in more detail.

Matt
Thanks for the feedback folks. Not sure I wanted to spend that much money buying the BM53 OR BM54 module and the cabling while still having a significantly outdated navigation system and head unit. I thought it was just simply plugging a cable in to the jack somewhere hidden in my trucl.

Do you know if the MKIV (2005) and newer model year Range Rover units have the auxilary jack already in them? I am looking to upgrade the whole navigation/media system so I didn't want to spend any unneccessary money if the newer units had this auxilary jack already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I just purchased the DICE module from ipodcarpros.com and it works great! It plays ipod and also has an aux input that I use for my Sirius. Came with Rover specific pictures an installation notes. Was less than $200 if I remember correctly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
PR4YME said:
Thanks for the feedback folks. Not sure I wanted to spend that much money buying the BM53 OR BM54 module and the cabling while still having a significantly outdated navigation system and head unit. I thought it was just simply plugging a cable in to the jack somewhere hidden in my trucl.

Do you know if the MKIV (2005) and newer model year Range Rover units have the auxilary jack already in them? I am looking to upgrade the whole navigation/media system so I didn't want to spend any unneccessary money if the newer units had this auxilary jack already.
They don't - at least not till 2010.

Are you aware of what's involvedin upgrading the nav/audio to the later system? Don't get me wrong - I think it's really cool. It is, however, a major investment both money and time if you DIY or even lots more money if you have it done.

The more sensible solution is upgrading the radio module, upgrading the nav unit to a MKIV, upgrading the FW on the nav unit to the very latest v32, and adding an Aux-In. The only thing outdated about what you'll have then is the means of navigating through the menus and input device (the rotary knob). Everything else - while not cutting-edge, is very functional and up to date. And selling your old equipment on the bay will allow you to do all this for under $500 if all goes well. :think:
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Mattstevenson2005 said:
darrinturner said:
this is not the greatest way of doing this, as the sound has been known to only come out of the bass speakers and not all the rest of the speakers

Matt
Interesting you say that Matt? Out of 2000 + kits sold we have had only 3 complaints. 2 were resolved by sending new kits out to they owners and one, well that person said that they had it installed by Land Rover and that it did not work. Note, that person also owned the kit for 3 + months. We asked them to send us the bill from Land Rover and said we would refund them 100%, but funny thing, that person never did. I bet we can all guess why.

Matt was that guy you? Sounds like you hooked the kit up wrong.

This kit has great reviews and we also ran one in our 2004 for a few years without any problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
darrinturner said:
Mattstevenson2005 said:
darrinturner said:
this is not the greatest way of doing this, as the sound has been known to only come out of the bass speakers and not all the rest of the speakers

Matt
Interesting you say that Matt? Out of 2000 + kits sold we have had only 3 complaints. 2 were resolved by sending new kits out to they owners and one, well that person said that they had it installed by Land Rover and that it did not work. Note, that person also owned the kit for 3 + months. We asked them to send us the bill from Land Rover and said we would refund them 100%, but funny thing, that person never did. I bet we can all guess why.

Matt was that guy you? Sounds like you hooked the kit up wrong.

This kit has great reviews and we also ran one in our 2004 for a few years without any problems.


Hi mate, no wasn't me, it's just something I have heard reading on other forums etc.... I have done the full BM54/AUX cable upgrade on mine.

Matt
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Matt

interesting, not one negative post here about it yet it showes up on other forums?? Google it and nothing. Care to tell everyone which other forums?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top