RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the aux jack is located in the back seat under the console. in my '06 luxe there is no jack visible. is the jack hidden under a door or something or does this mean that i don't have aux capability? dealer had no clue (big surpise)

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
I think that there is an aux in only if you have rear seat entertainment...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
adara said:
I think that there is an aux in only if you have rear seat entertainment...
There is NO aux jack in my 2006 Model.

There IS a an aux jack in my 2007 Model TDV8 which has no Rear DVD System.

It would appear the rear consul Jack is only standard in 2007 onwards and it works great with my Blackberry (Music) and IPods.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Aux jack can be put in the 02-04 but you need to replace the radio module with the newer BMW version. Simply remove the old radio and plug in the newer BMW version. The land rover version does not have aux

Radio is below nav drive. Easy swap out. once installed all you need to do is plug in the Aux accessory cable from BMW

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
ambishop said:
Aux jack can be put in the 02-04 but you need to replace the radio module with the newer BMW version. Simply remove the old radio and plug in the newer BMW version. The land rover version does not have aux

Radio is below nav drive. Easy swap out. once installed all you need to do is plug in the Aux accessory cable from BMW
The Cable would have to be run to a suitable place in the Cabin though and that's not going to be easy...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about installing an aux jack into an '06 without rear entertainment....

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
8 Posts
sorry if this info is already on here somewhere, but I couldn't find it. What BMW model radios would work for this upgrade?

(I have an 03 and can't believe there isn't a simpler way. What if I was willing to ditch the CD player -- is there a way to wire it straight into that harness?)

Thanks, TJ

·
Registered
159 Posts
tjquill,

One of the forum members darrinturner can supply an aux lead that will act as an aux lead and is also switchable so you can still use your cd player. Have a look on his website http://www.xtremerovers.com

Note lead is suitable for 02-05 bmw models!

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
8 Posts
I like it, and if I even owned CDs anymore I would probably go that route, but don't need the $110 option if there is a simple way to pull that module out that you can see on the installation video, cut off the lines running to the CD player, wire an aux line straight to that and plug it back in. Somebody must have figured out which wire is which to do that by now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts