Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I came across a little (big for me) issue this morning. I was getting ready to leave my house when I tried to use the Aux input for my music. I usually used the Bluetooth adapter that I have previously posted about, however, that wasn't working. I thought that it could be the the adapter. I unplugged the cord from the adapter and plugged it into my phone, I heard nothing, yet the phone was counting like it was playing. I then unplugged the cord from the input on the car, then this awful static/beeping mumbo jumbo sound started coming through the speakers, yet no music. So I decided to just listen to the radio and be on my way. So just about an hour ago, I got a chance to mess with it again. Still the same result. Then when I got home, and had access to another aux cable, I tried that, to see if it was just a bad cable. Same exact thing happened with a different cable. So I just gave up. Once I unplugged the cable from my phone. The static started coming from my phone speakers, then it stopped playing on the phone, yet was still counting as if the song was playing. Almost like it had a chain reaction from the car, to the phone. So, to get it back to normal, I had to restart my phone completely.
Any idea why the car would be doing this (I'm 99% sure it's the car and not phone) I almost NEVER listen to the radio and always use the aux for music. I'd like to get this issue fixed asap. I'm willing to pay whatever to get it fixed, but I thought I would post on here to see if anybody had similar issues, if so, how'd you fix it?

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
What kind of phone and did you do a reset of your phone and try it again.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of phone and did you do a reset of your phone and try it again.
iPhone 6S Plus. Yes, I've tried doing a soft reset on the phone. I really don't want to have to hard reset my phone and restore it, but if I have to, I will. It's just weird that it was working fine 2 days ago, off and on yesterday (not sure what happened, but it stArted working again) then today it's completely not working.

Btw, when it was working yesterday, it was through the Bluetooth. It's also weird that when the Bluetooth adapter has connection, you can hear the lady on the adapter say "Bluetooth mode" and when the device disconnects it says "disconnected". However, it doesn't say "paired" like it used to. It was doing that this morning also. Yet it's still not playing music EVEN without the adapter anyways. So the lady talking, the adapters "voice" comes through the AUX to the car. But it doesn't even work when it's connected to the phone directly
either.

Any ideas?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts