RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am having an issue with the rain sensing, automatic front windshield wipers. I always keep my wiper stalk in "Auto" mode. Over the past several days, they seem to turn on and sweep for no apparent reason. It can be daylight or dark out, and they will still turn on with no rain. Today, they turned on several times under clear skies and bright sunlight. My 13 Sport has 40k on it now. Is this an issue any other owners have had? I'm afraid Ill take it in to the dealer, and then it will be acting totally normal. Generally, it goes 5-10 minutes in-between acting up...so if they just take it down the street and back it may not have a problem. Overall, the past three years have been great with the wipers working as designed. This seems to be a new issue.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,681 Posts
I've seen this when there is heavy water spotting on the out side of the windscreen at the sensor. Although I doubt your water is that hard to leave deposits this soon. You can try a bit of straight ammonia or alcohol to clean up the glass in front of the sensor.

It's also possible the seal on the sensor at the glass is compromised.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I never keep my wipers on auto except when rain is in the air - any little bug splattering around the sensor activates the wipers which can scratch the dry windscreen which has happened to me.

I assume in Fl you have lots of big and small bugs splattering on your screen like I do here, so I suggest leaving them off until the likely hood of rain arises.

Garry

Garry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts