RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Automatic On/off 'eco" now engaging after a battery change

Changed the main battery last week in my 2014 RRS HSE. I have owned the vehicle for about a year and a half and the engine has never shut off one time while stopped in traffic or at a light. I never found a need to disable the automatic on/off "eco" mode like I would in our previous Mercedes, as I find the automatic off/on highly annoying. First stop light after the battery swap and the auto shut off kicked in and disabled the engine. How can this be??? After a year and a half of the auto shut off never engaging it suddenly starts working after a battery change. Is there a permanent dealer only override, a setting in the computer I may have lost while switching out the battery, or am I now just forced to press the "off" button to disengage the auto on/off every time I initially start the vehicle

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,458 Posts
Re: Automatic On/off 'eco" now engaging after a battery chan

Some members have disconnected the accessory battery in the right rear compartment. That will eliminate the auto off feature.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts

There's an accessory battery that controls the eco start/stop. I had a similar experience--my eco stopped working all of a sudden which I was happy with, but when I changed the car battery after ~3 years of ownership, it's working again. I just get used to turning it off right after I disengage the parking brake.

It must be something with the level of the main battery and how much the accessory is charged up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the confirmation that someone else had a similar result after a battery change. I figured it was a voltage issue, but started to think that maybe I reconnected/activated something that had been turned off at the dealer or by the previous owner. Its great to have this forum to ask questions and share experiences!

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE, 2004 Porsche Carerra 4S
77 Posts

That is normal. The car detects when you have an "old" or under charged battery and disables the "eco" mode or stop/start function.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
27 Posts

I also experienced some strange behavior with the eco on/off. I've owned my 2016 since last September, I clicked the button once and it never disabled the vehicle unitl this past week. We just returned from a ~3K road trip and all of a sudden, the eco on/off is suddenly working. I blame it on travelling to California. It is like the car sensed it needed to be compliant with the laws of the state... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts